What can be dehydrated?
What do YOU like to dehydrate? We'd love to hear from you in the comments 🙂
You can dehydrate almost any fresh food - and some things work better than others.
Here are just a few examples:
* Fruits ~ eat as snacks; or chop and add to granola and trail mixes; or dried as purees for fruit leather/rollups.
* Vegetables ~ eat as snacks and chips; or add to soups, stews, and backpacking meals.
* Meat, poultry, and fish ~ all sorts of jerky; add to backpacking meals; or store for soup and stew ingredients.
* Nuts, seeds & Sprouted grains ~ eat as snacks; or store for flours, granolas, and baking.
* Herbs ~ use in teas, baking, and cooking.
* Crackers, breads, and granolas for raw food diets.
And of course there are LOADS more things to dehydrate ... Flowers, Pet Treats and so many more things that we shall be putting up separate posts to go through some of these items separately, giving them all some special attention!